Triple Chocolate Cookies
These triple chocolate cookies are absolutely delicious and perfect to have with a cup of tea in our drawing room when you have been touring around the sights of Dublin. Our chefs have been busy baking up lots of delicious new treats for our guests and we have had several requests for the recipe for these decadent cookies. The smell of them baking in the oven will have a queue forming outside your kitchen door so be prepared to share!
Ingredients (makes 30 triple chocolate cookies)
- 225g of softened butter
- 140g of caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 250g of plain flour
- 25g of cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 350g of plain chocolate, chopped
- 70g of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and salt into the mixture, add the chopped chocolate and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Scoop up tablespoons of the mixture and shape into balls.
- Place them on the baking sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Till the next time!