We were so delighted to see The Great British Bake Off back on our screens last week! We are huge fans of home baking here in Ariel House as you all know and we are just loving the surge in interest in home baked treats that we see all around us! It is such a pleasure for us to share our own baked treats with guests at our ever-popular afternoon tea celebrations. We pride ourselves on treating our guests to tasty treats and are always on the lookout for inspiration. During the course of The Great British Bake Off, we are going to going to attempt to create a treat from the show each week so watch this space!
We have had a really busy Summer here at our guesthouse on Lansdowne Road with visitors from near and far being accommodated. We have been making a delicious, refreshing lemonade to quench our weary traveler’s thirst. Lemonade is such a simple thing to make, but it is amazing how well it can go down on a hot day. Here is hoping that we have many more weeks of sunshine before the Autumn weather truly kicks in!
To make this truly delicious lemonade, you will need:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
4 or 6 lemons juiced
3 or 4 cups of cold water
How to Prepare:
- Heat the sugar and water together to make a simple syrup. The syrup is ready when the sugar has become completely dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and syrup together in a suitable jug and add 3 cups of cold water before tasting. If you feel the taste is too strong, add a 4th cup of cold water and taste again.
- You may also adjust the flavour by adding more sugar or lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Top with ice and fresh mint.
Hope you enjoy this delicious homemade lemonade recipe as much as we do here in Ariel House!