Is there anything nicer than a homemade breakfast biscuit? Such a simple thing to make yet provides so much pleasure. We like to spoil our guests with our delicious home baking and our chefs are always coming up with new recipes to delight us with.These oaty breakfast biscuits are absolutely delicious. They are buttery, crumbly and perfect with a morning cup of tea. We always use the finest ingredients we can find and this ensures that the end product will never disappoint. Real Irish creamery butter, local free range eggs, Irish porridge oats and Irish flour all combine to make a delectable treat that is hard to beat.
To make 18 biscuits you will need;
- 115g of soft butter
- 90g of golden caster sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 140g of self-raising flour
- 25g of porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butter, sugar, egg yolk and flour into a large bowl and mix with your hands to form a soft dough.
- Divide into 18 balls.
- Dip each ball into a bowl in which you have placed the porridge oats, once covered with oats slightly flatten onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
Such a simple bake that even children will be able to master with a little help from an adult! Perfect to fill in a rainy afternoon!
Till the next time!