Bord Gais Energy Theatre
The Grand Canal Theatre is a 2,111 capacity world class theatre which opened on 18 March 2010. Designed by Daniel Libeskind of New York and RHWL Architects of London the concept of the theatre was as a touring theatre for Ballet, Opera, Musicals and Concerts.
It was officially opened with a performance of Swan Lake by the Russian State Ballet with Stars from the Bolshoi. It is a five minute cab ride from Ariel House.
Grand Canal Theatre
- Just 1.5km from Ariel House on foot, about 18 minutes on foot
- Only 1.7km by car and less than 5 minutes in a cab
- Limited street parking, but well served with public transport
- Close to the historical Samuel Beckett Bridge
- Surrounded by top quality bars and restaurants