The RDS Arena is a multi-purpose sports stadium, owned by the Royal Dublin Society and located in the Dublin suburb of Ballsbridge, Ireland.
The arena was originally developed to host equestrian events, including the annual Dublin Horse Show, which was first held there in 1868. Around the corner from Ariel House , it hosts a broad array of shows, exhibitions, and concerts.
In 1731 fourteen Irishmen came together in Dublin united by a common aim – to improve the poor economic condition of the country by promoting agriculture, arts, industry and science in Ireland. This objective, they believed, could be achieved by the dissemination of knowledge and new ideas. The Society developed into an invaluable resource from which grew major national institutions including the National Botanic Gardens (1795), the Veterinary College (1800), the National Gallery of Ireland (1854), the National College of Art and Design (1877), the National Museum of Ireland (1877), the Natural History Museum (1877), the National Library of Ireland (1877) and the Radium Institute (1914).
- Build by the Royal Dublin Society, founded in 1731
- A major space for exhibitions and conferences
- Facilities business and social gatherings of all sizes
- The RDS Foundation Program aims to improve Ireland’s economic position
- The RDS promotes the development of Agriculture, Arts, Science and Industry.